Yesterday I finished my last clinical day for my Maternal/Newborn rotation. I was really looking forward to this subject, but now that it is over I feel like it is not in my callng to do this type of nursing. For one, I have ethical and moral issues with much of the way the US does birthing of babies (for an interesting perspective that I mostly agree with, see the documentary "The Business of Being Born"). However, I am thankful for witnessing the miracle of birth, the sweet babes in the nursery, and the wonderful nurses and families I was privileged to work with.
One more semester of nursing school is before me. I can't believe how fast this program has gone and in a way feel wholly unprepared psychologically to be a nurse. But as in many other times in my life, I step forward across the bridge with full faith of God's leading and provision.
No comments:
Post a Comment