So a couple weeks ago I watched for the first time a baby enter the world. From reading about birth in the book, I wondered how I would respond live. It all seems very unglamorous. And much of it was, but the moment the baby's head appeared I was awe-struck. If anyone had bothered to look at me in that moment, they probably would have seen a dumb expression of joy on my face. What a miracle! Here was a little person who only moments before had been safely ensconced in his mother's womb, but was now beholding the world for the first time. I don't know that he was all to happy about it, but we were all happy to see him.
Those moments have overlayed everything I've experienced and studied since.
In class we discussed dangers to post-term babies. If they stay in the womb too long they are risk for complications such as being too big to fit through the birth canal, placental degradation, and meconium in the amniotic fluid. If the baby fails to leave the cozy confines of the womb, he is at risk for life complications. Sound familiar? Hmmm. When I get too comfortable in my "box" and fail to step outside of it when God prompts, I too am at risk for not being able to live my life to my fullest potential. Thoughts to ponder...
No comments:
Post a Comment