Monday, August 30th, 2010. The journey of nursing school approaches. It's starting to sink in that what I've been working toward for the last 2-3 years is finally here and happening!
The picture is of all my supplies so far. There are a few more books to buy, a few more supplies, but overall I'm ready!
I took a CPR class today (I've got you covered if you go into cardiac arrest or start choking, so rest easy! LOL) and we were asked as part of introductions to share why we chose nursing. That's such a complicated question for me. I didn't neccessarily "choose" nursing.
I for sure said, at one point in my life, "I could never be a nurse!" in response to stories of a nursing student. Yet here I am. God works in ways we will never anticipate to accomplish his purpose and put our gifts and skills to use. I wanted to study design, but was really struggling with the aspect of working for consumerism. God called me to work in a service industry. I have been working in the animal health industry, God called me to serve people. I have worked in the ministry, God called me to work with the physical first. I still wonder at the ways that God made known this path to me.
It hasn't been or won't be easy. I have run across many obstacles. At times I doubled God's calling, but in His time he provided a way through. Sometimes just enough, but through it I see more of God's character, I learn more fully who he is. He is Provision, He is Faithful, He is Promises Kept, He is Good, He is the Path, He is All.
As I start this journey, I ask humbly for your prayers. For enough, for retention, for opportunities, for patience, for energy, for smiles, for laughter, for health.
Thanks friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment