In my current apartment I have a fairly large patio and I was very excited to plant a container garden, part kitchen, part flower. I spent one sunny afternoon with my hands happily in the dirt and putting everyone in place. There's something about being elbow deep in good, clean dirt that warms the heart.
Our spring has been cool and gradual and plants everywhere have exploded, both native and in my garden. Currently I've got two tomatoes, several strawberries, and an excessively blooming zuchini plant (picture me with big smile and clapping)!
I was pondering my tomato plant the other day and how it went from a 6 inch sprout to a 3 foot plant with gradually swelling fruit. I thought about the miracle of growth and life. Science will never be able to explain these, yes there is cell division and all that, but the force behind those natural processes. God alone coaxes the plants to grow and flower, to animate the animals, and give humans their souls and reasoning. What an amazing creator we have!
No comments:
Post a Comment