I have been walking through some interpersonal struggles in recent months and one day I got to thinking of the promises of God that address them. I started writing and this is what followed...
When disappointment threatens to overtake my joy,
God says, "I'm not done yet."
When loneliness causes my heart ot ache with longing,
God says, "I am here, beside you and I will never leave you or forsake you."
When I feel trapped by circumstance,
God says, "There is a time for everything in its season and I know the plans I have for you."
When I compare myself to others and find myself lacking,
God says, "You are fearfully and wonderfully made, before you were I knew you."
When I am unsure of my place in this world,
God says, "You are part of my body with a unique place to fill."
When undefined angst weighs down my sould,
God says, "I love you, I too yearn for you, but take heart, you're not home yet!"
Claiming the promises of God has helped me, maybe it will encourage you as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment