It's been awhile since I posted. The second half of my summer session was very eye-opening. Mental illness is an interesting beast and manifests in so many varied ways. Met some wonderful doctors, nurses, and techs, and some very sweet patients. Sure puts a whole new perspective on people with mental illness. My empathy for folks who struggle with mental illness has grown and I wouldn't mind working as a mental health nurse someday.
Here it is, August 15th, and now I'm gearing up for the fall semester. However, the week right before I'm going to Nicaragua for a week to dig a water well with Living Water International. I'm so excited to experience another culture, serve people in need, and meet new people. I've no idea what to expect or how I'll respond, but I know God has something great in store for me. I'm looking forward to being stretched and moved.
No comments:
Post a Comment